Pages

Friday, 9 November 2012

Bearded Gnome

Hello everybods, hope you've all had a great week and are ready for the weekend ahead.

Today I've made a card using Bearded Gnome by VildaStamps available from Live & Love Crafts.  Now this little fella got himself lost in the post and didn't turn up for two weeks.  I think he was off helping Santa.  But he turned up eventually, so all's well!

He's been coloured with copics and cut out with a Spellbinders mega scalloped oval and mounted on a Spellbinders floral oval cut out of kraft card.  The pom-pom trim and background paper (Landstoken Christmas Tree - Teal) are from Live & Love Crafts, the sentiment is from LOTV cut out of kraft card and mounted on a Memory Box snowflake which was cut out, embossed with white glitter WOW embossing powder, had a light dusting of Tumbled Glass DI and them triple embossed with clear embossing power, you can't see very well in the photo, but it looks enameled, LOVE IT.  Behind the snowflake is some pale blue seam binding and fine ribbon from my stash.  I tied a couple of little silver bells onto some fine blue twine and stuck that on top.  The flowers are all Wild Orchid with a touch of Star Dust Stickles and I made little ice blue twirlies from some flowersoft paper covered wire, which I coloured with B00 and then coated in Crystal Art glitter.  I also added one my handmade hatpins.  The pearly things are from the candy I won from Claire (thanks soooo much hun, I'm loving everything in it).  I got a little carried away with this card, but I really love how it turned out.  This card is about to go visit my friend Stephanie for Christmas.  Hope he doesn't decide to get lost in the post AGAIN.



I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
  1. http://cardmaniachallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/cmc7-embossing.html
  2. http://www.charismacardz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-44-feeling-blue.html
  3. http://craftybloggersnetwork.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-no-5-sponsored-by-chocolate.html
  4. http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
  5. http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-5-christmas.html
  6. http://natalieandamy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/colour-me-happy-d.html
  7. http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/anything-goes-challenge.html
  8. http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/anything-goes.html
  9. http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-127-dimensions.html
  10. http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/christmas-cards.html
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you have a fabulous weekend.  xoxo

41 comments:

  1. He's a fabulous gnome Caz and I'm glad to see you put him to work as soon as he arrived through your door. I love the gorgous soft colours of this card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Caz I love the image and the colours you have used are beautiful. Have a great weekend. Hugs Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card, love that cute gnome! great colours
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is so so gorgeous Caz, loving the soft blue and your embellies - your snowflake looks stunning. Never thought of using flowersoft wires what a great idea will have to hunt mine out now. Your holiday picks look fab btw. Have a great weekend, take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! he is super, love the colours and embellishments. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute image Caz - love him! Brilliant layout too and your whole card s just wonderful! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Christmas card using this adorable image. Love his mitten showing thru his beard. He does look like the sort of fella that will go walkies:) Have a good weekend Caz. hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Caz, such a fabulous image and I love the shades of blue you have used

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. JUst GORgeous Caz..What a cutie of an image.
    FABulous colours. LOve all your embellishments too.
    Chrissyxx
    At least he turned up BEFore Christmas he! he!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, i love the image and colours you have used. Thank you for joining us over at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Caz, such a sweet card. Love the image. So glad he found his way home.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fantastic. Fine and delicate work. Funny character. Beautiful composition. Bravo ! Magnificent card !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card my lovely friend^_^
    Gorgeous image and beautiful soft colors^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is just so GORGEOUS! Love the soft colors .. so delicate and pretty!!! Looove it!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Caz. His beard looks fabulous! I love teh soft colours and fab embellies too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab image and lovely soft colours, just gorgeous! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous, fab image and love the colours.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous card. I love the image and the soft blue and kraft go so well together.

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz in our Feeling Blue challenge.

    Hugs Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the cold winter colours and the design with the pin, flower and sentiment too. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge.Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a beautiful card so pretty
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant card Caz - its brought a real smile to my face.

    Thanks for popping by my blog to see me and leaving me some lovely comments.

    I hope you have a great weekend.

    Take care

    Toodle pip

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very sweet! Love the colors.. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful. I loooooooove the image!!
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautifully done...so soft, pretty, and feminine...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI sweetie this is just gorgeous I love it, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card design. Love the colors. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning! Gorgeous image and design and i love all the pretty embellies. Your friend will love it. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Caz, this is fab. Love the soft colours and layout. He was probably with my parcel that went walkabouts for a while lol.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A lovely card in those soft muted tones! Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma, and good luck in the challenge.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute card - lovely design & colours, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Why didn't this show in blogs I follow???? Maybe it did and I missed it...
    love love love this fab image - now I've got to go and buy it - you nuisance! Great card Caz. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfect Caz!
    This is my idea of the perfect Christmas card. A very cute image, beautiful and delicate colours and gorgeous embellishments.

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card,thank you for playing along at Natalie & Amy's! xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Caz! Love love love it!! The colors are really great and I love how you dipped the wires in flower soft!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabby card Caz! Gorgeous colours and I love the use of the Kraft CS, gorgeous little pins as well!! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stunning card :D hes such a cutie!!!

    Thanx for joining us over at Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge

    luv Ger x
    CBN DT
    We have a design team call please check out the page :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card. I love the image!
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card Caz the stamp in great and I love the soft colours you have used.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Caz, Gorgeous card! Super image and I love the colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Natalie and Amy's Challenge.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello Caz,

    this card is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Carol,
    I'm so glad he showed up eventually! Adrable card; I love the teal tones, and you've decorated your card beautifully. Thanks so much for joining LLC for our November and apologies for my late visit; so much to do, so little time... :-(

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.